The LPC2148 Development Board LPC2148 ARM7TMDI based microcontroller. The LPC2148 microcontroller has 512KB of internal flash and 32+8K RAM. Following are the salient features of the board.
- Power supply: DC 9V with power LED
- On-board linear regulators generate +3.3V/500mA and +5v/500mA from power supply
- USB connector (as alternate power source)
Extension headers for all microcontroller pins. RS232 connectors (2)
PS/2 connector. JTAG connector.
USB B-type connector with Link-LED
- Other Peripherals:
- 512Kb I2C based EEPROM Audio power amplifier.
- 16×2 LCD with back light control.
- Configurable for manual and automatic program download (ISP) via serial port. 8 controllable LEDs on SPI using 74HC595.
- User Interrupt, ADC, Buzzer, RTC.
2: System Requirements:
- Windows XP & Win 7
- Serial or Parallel port
- USB port
3: Starting off & connecting the hardware:
After unpacking the LPC2148 board connect a DC supply of 9V/1A to the DC jack to power the board. The LPC2148 board can also be powered through USB.
4: Programming LPC2148 Board:
LPC2148 Board can be programmed through serial port UART “0” using “LPC2000 flash utility V2.2.2” is a freeware windows utility used to download the hex file format onto the LPC2148 Board. If your PC does not have a serial port; use a USB to serial converter to download the hex file.
- Programming LPC2148 Board through ISP.
The LPC2148 Board can be programmed through ISP in two modes: 1. Auto Mode 2. Manual Mode
- Auto Mode:
To program in Auto mode you need a full serial cable with DTR & RTS. (Recommended not to use Auto Mode).
- Manual Mode:
To program in Manual mode you need a half serial cable (which just has TX, RX and GND wire connected). And connect the half serial cable to UART0 and power the board. (Recommended mode)
- Open LPC2000 Flash Utility V2.2.2
- Browse File name and Select the hex file to be downloaded.
- Select Device as LPC2148
- Set XTL Freq [KHz] to 12000
- Blank Check: Entire Device
- Select the appropriate com port (See your “device manager” to find out the com port number)
- Select the Baud Rate in between 9600 and 38400
- Uncheck “Use DTR/RTS for Reset and Boot Loader Selection”
- Click on Read Device ID.
To make the board enter programming mode:
- Hold down ISP and RESET Buttons, then release RESET first and finally ISP.
- The controller enters the bootloader mode.
- It will display as “Read device ID Successful”.
- Click on the Upload to Flash Button.
- Program uploaded successfully.
- Click the Rest Button on the Board. That’s it, your hex file is on the board.
Package Includes :
1 x LPC2148 Development Board